Over the holidays, a friend stayed with us, and told us our house was a sanctuary. That is intentional – I wrote about it here.
Also, yes, that is a new blog, and a new website design. I had more than 900 blog posts, all over the map dating back to 2003. So, a fresh, minimal start. This is just for personal blogging – I still have all my professional work writing (links on my homepage).
Here are five things I thought were beautiful:
- Time Magazine has a list of the 100 most influential pictures of all time. Some are beautiful, some are sad, all are amazing.
- A cover of Leonard Cohen’s Hallelujah on a 6th century Japanese instrument.
- Speaking of Japan – Tokyo got its earliest snow in 50 years – here is a collection of pictures.
- Like a lot of people who came of age in the 1980’s, I love the movie Back to the Future. These people think it is a near perfect example of storytelling.
- The awesome blog My Modern Met has an interview and black and white photo collection from African wildlife photographer Anup Shah, to promote his new book The Mara. I love how close and unique these are.
So that’s it this week – as always, if you enjoyed this issue, please forward it to a friend. If someone forwarded this issue to you, you can get your very own subscription by going here.
Take care of yourself, and each other.